Sunday, June 28, 2009

SOUTH AFRICA & ENGLAND Simionis! Family #42

Add another branch or two to our Simioni Family Tree! This time South Africa and England. As with all the rest of us, the roots lead back to Veneto!

style="font-weight: bold;">
Hello Nancy
I was doing a quick ‘Google’ of the Simioni tree (during my lunch-break!) It’s amazing what there is on the world wide web!! I happened across the website and I am quite delighted that we all seem to have a common ancestry! No mention however is made of the Southern African connection with Ormelle Italy. My father Renzo and his brother Domenico came out to the former Southern Rhodesia (present day Zimbabwe) in the mid to late 1950’s with the construction of the Kariba dam and town. My grandfather was Narciso Simioni (after whom I am named). My father is one of nine siblings.

I visited the Ormelle family in 1985 meeting with Aunts Adda, Gemma and Zio Claudio (?) also Carlito (Carlo) and his wife Eddie (both in Lausanne now) – I can get more details of this family line from my Father when I next speak with him. I know there is an uncle Mario in South America!

My father (Renzo) still resides in Harare (Zimbabwe) and is still very involved with the local Italian community. My uncle Mino unfortunately died a while back (having emigrated to South Africa) - however the family name is continued with Willa his son.

Up until 7 years ago my family and I lived in Pretoria South Africa. We now reside on the outskirts of Chester, North West England. I note that there are other Simioni’s here in the UK – perhaps it would be good to make contact?

Kind regards
Chiso.
Narciso Simioni

_______


Summary as best I (Nancy) can:

1.
Narciso Simioni, Ormelle Italy. Had 9 children:
-- 2. Renzo
(left Italy for Africa)
--- 3. Narciso
(now England)
-- 2.
Domenico, Mino, Mario (also left Italy for Africa)
--- 3. Willa (son of Mino. in Africa)
-- 2. Adda, Gemma and Claudio (?), Carlito, in Italy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.