Two years ago Rick and I looked into obtaining dual citizenship based on his father and my grandparents being born in Italy. We did not get very far once we found out that Rick's father became American before Rick was born. That would require that he go back to grandparents and we did not have enough information.
While our trip to Castelfranco Veneto last May (2010) provided some information, we ran into dead ends on the grandparents. Just today Rick wrote a follow-up email to Castelfranco asking for more details on his aunts who remained there, as well as his grandparents. Hopefully we'll get something to go with when we are there this Fall.
Meanwhile, this afternoon, Trevor Simioni from Canada, posted on our "The Simionis of the World, and descendants" Facebook page, asking about dual citizenship. AND, this evening, the Italian Citizenship for Americans group on Facebook posted this helpful article:
"Strategy for Collecting Required Records".
I guess this all means we are meant to get serious about dual citizenship! :) I'm thinking Rick and I should do it, and then our son Julian could also. It would give him the opportunity to work anywhere in the European Union.
Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.