Sunday, May 27, 2012

Connecting Simioni families: Italy, USA, & Canada

Rick and I have returned from Veneto, Italy, and we were able to meet more of Rick's cousins: The Fior families, sons and grandsons of Rick's aunt, Maria Amalia Simioni (1886 - 1965 Salvatronda) who married Umberto Fior.




Meeting Fior cousins, sons of Alfredo Fior:
Simone, Mauro, Rick, Alberto
(and twins  of Mauro, Riccardo & Nicolo)


Fabio and Paulo Fior, sons of Ugo Fior, with Rick.
(or is it Paulo and Fabio)
In Salvatronda

While researching and visiting, we again met with Sergio Simioni of Salvatronda. He has gone through some additional church records and says he has discovered his grandfather and Rick's were cousins. We are looking forward to seeing the connection. He also found Onofrio Fior as one of Maria Amalia Simioni's children, who was not listed in the city records. Onofrio was mentioned in a very old letter to Rick's father (1960's) from Maria but we never knew his last name nor how he fit in.

Meanwhile, Vivian Trapani of Ottawa, Canada, followed along with us via Facebook and we were able to help her connect! She may be related to Sergio in Salvatronda also. Later I'll try to show it here somehow. (Or Vivian can). It's possible we are distant relatives too! Well, I guess we ALL are distant relatives!
Maria Amalia named one of her son's after Rick's father.


Rick Simioni (USA) in Cittadella with
Alice Simioni (Vedelago) & her mom Renata Zampieri




I sure wish I knew a way to show our "Family Forest"! We have so many "Family Trees" that are starting to come together...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.