Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Benvenuti! Two new additions to our "family forest" -- Vivian Trapani, Paola Bortolin

Recently I've received contact from two Simioni women. It's always fun to make new friends!

First, Vivian Trapani, from a Simioni family in Ottawa, Canada.
As it turns out she is related to Lisa and Mario Simioni, whom I already had contact with, and, they are are related to Sergio Simioni in Salvatronda (Castelfranco Veneto) Italy. Rick and I met Sergio last year when Alice Simioni and her father, Emanuele Simioni, took us to a Salvatronda church to find the baptismal records of Rick's father, Desiderio Simioni. Sergio's father was also a Desiderio Simioni from Salvatronda, born around the same time (1895).
Whew. Both had uncles named Fortunato. This family is the closest to a chance of finding relatives, so far.

Anyway, we are both working to find a family connection. I'll post some of her family info if she desires.

- - -

Rick and I are heading back to Italy in a couple of months and hope to a confirmed connection to some relative. Of course, even if we do not, we are looking forward to visiting with all our new Simioni friends!

Next,
Today I received an email from Paola Bortolin, who tells me her Simioni relatives are from Loria, Italy, which is just north of Castelfranco Veneto. She didn't mention where she is currently living, but with her permission, I'll add that info soon.

UPDATE 15 July 2011: Paula found she is related to Angela Simioni (Family #53!) Last I tried to connect with Angela (2009) the email message was returned. We'll try again. This is so wonderful for these two women!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.